From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to synchronize the number of samples of the motor position and DAQ values

Yes Dennis_Knutson,

I am saying exactly that. As you see from here i connected the loop's iteration constant to the TDMS file, and i read "1"(loop iteration constant)  ,  4 times per second.

Thank you for your consideration.

Best regards.

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 27
(1,108 Views)

That link does not show anything of the sort. That link shows a VI with a DAQmx function and the motor controller read. Nor does that link show the iteration terminal connected to anything at all.

I have no idea what you have actually done. If you are going to make references to modified VIs, post the VI or at least an image of it.

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 27
(1,093 Views)

Dear Dennis_Knutson;

there is loop iteration constant at the right bottom side of the picture. (next to the loop's stop button). This constant is connected to the TDMS after  "initialize array" function.

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 27
(1,087 Views)

So what. What do you think that is supposed to prove? All I can tell is that I seem to be wasting time on understanding experiments of yours that do not do anything at all.

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 27
(1,076 Views)

Hi Kindly Wisher,

Are you trying to test what I said "Super easy test would be to replace the Current Position output with the iteratation count of the while loop.  I'm betting that the TDMS iterates up one at a time. "

If so, I think you are mistaking what I meant by the iteration count.

PrintScreenLoopTime.png

That's what I wanted wired in, not the "1" constant.  The point was to show you that you weren't losing data and that the file would have "0,1,2,3,4,5..." in it.

Does that make it more clear?

Justin Parker
National Instruments
Product Support Engineer
Message 25 of 27
(1,071 Views)

And indeed you are still reading and that reading is the limiting part.

Throw out all the daqmx

throw out the tdms

and just look at how fast you can read positions.

That stays 4 or 5 pieces per second so that is and stays the limit.

good luck and find another job.

greetings from the Netherlands
0 Kudos
Message 26 of 27
(1,066 Views)

Dear Justin_P,

Yes i misunderstood what you had said me before. I am sorry about that.

Thank you all for your answers. Then it is clear that the SMC100 is a slow communicator.

Kind regards from Turkey.

0 Kudos
Message 27 of 27
(1,040 Views)