Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use "Next" button to control prgram steps?

Hi all,

I'm a beginner in Labview programming and I need some help on creating this interface control.

Attached is the program and a jpeg of the frontpanel.

I would like to use the "next" button to control the next sequence of entring the parameters(ie fm/am, Mhz,dBm etc.) and aquisition of SINAD.

This means that only when the user presses "next" then the next frequency parameters will be entered and SINAD measured.

I hope someone out there understands what I mean and would be able to help me on this. I cant seem to get the attachments to work together with this post.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,293 Views)

Please, please, please read this: Application Design Patterns: State Machines

and stop relying on sequence structures so much.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,289 Views)

Thanks for the quick response, but I need each frequency with its other settings to flow in a specific order with just the "next" button to control when the user wants to change to the next frequency step. Is state machine still able to achieve these results?

I know my program is too simple thats because i'm really a beginner who just started learning labview using a guidebook.

Really appreciate all your help!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,279 Views)

Hi, I manage to utilise the use of state machines already, however, it does not solve my problem of using one same "next" button to switch to the next state. I tried using local varables but it is not allowed in the event structure, are there any other alternatives?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,263 Views)

You must not have implemented it correctly. Please post your latest code.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,257 Views)