Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agilent OSA Data Acquisition - Where to begin?

I've modified the XFER example to fit into a state machine. Unfortunately I can't test it out on my machine at the moment, so I have to rely on debugging it without the instrument.

Please give me some feedback on this file that I've made. I'm sure there's a lot of mistakes, but nonetheless I feel like I've come a long way with your help.

Thanks,
Alex

ps. By the way, how come we didn't use a VISA OPEN function in New Trace XFER? We just used a VISA IN control wired directly to a Write, and it worked!

Message Edited by ap8888 on 07-04-2008 10:36 AM
0 Kudos
Message 31 of 35
(1,440 Views)
Hi Troy.

If you don't reply to this message, it will be the last time I'll be posting on this thread (not to sound threatening; I just don't want to flood the thread if there's no activity).

I've received some help from other members on NI on modifying the file that I posted above. I think it looks pretty good and when I get the instrument I'll give it a try.

I'm sure I'll need future help and it seems to me that you're quite experienced in this field. Would it be possible for me to get your e-mail address such that I can contact you personally if I need any help in the future? My e-mail is alex.gm@gmail.com if you want to send me your e-mail address personally.

Thank you like always,
Alex
0 Kudos
Message 32 of 35
(1,413 Views)

Hello

Can anyone upload the labview library/driver for Agilent 86142B? Its now missing in the driver section..

regards

swari

0 Kudos
Message 33 of 35
(1,009 Views)

Hi Swari,

It looks like the link on ni.com/idnet has changed, but the Agilent website does appear to have the driver for the Agilent 86142B High Performance Optical Spectrum Analyzer.

Milan
0 Kudos
Message 34 of 35
(988 Views)

Hi Milan,

Thanks for the tip...

It worked from the agilent site..

regards

swari

0 Kudos
Message 35 of 35
(979 Views)