Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does the Forum Login not work as a user would Expect?

Jeff·þ@·Bohrer wrote:

But, I look good with a thong

I thought that character was called a thorn.

A thorn in your thong would be oh so wrong! ( Dr. Suess' birthday is Friday! )

Now is the right time to use %^<%Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%S%3uZ>T
If you don't hate time zones, you're not a real programmer.

"You are what you don't automate"
Inplaceness is synonymous with insidiousness

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 18
(2,949 Views)

@PhillipBrooks wrote:

Jeff·þ@·Bohrer wrote:

I thought that character was called a thorn.

A thorn in your thong would be oh so wrong! ( Dr. Suess' birthday is Friday! )

It is.  But would "I look good with a thorn" be funny?

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 18
(2,944 Views)

@JÞB wrote:

@Darin.K wrote:
Update: remind me again why I bothered. Back to old behavior, although now it seems much less consistent. Sympathy for those losing spaces in their forum aliases just to link with that train wreck.

First, you  dredge up disco, and now this imagery. I am not coming out of my corner.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 18
(2,939 Views)

I just don't want to try to imagine either.

But what I did find funny was a silly book I found in my old book adventures. It was a book composed of screw-ups by students compiled into a book named "Boners" (did I get away with posting that?). The illustations caught my eye and sure enough, yes it was Dr. Seuss (yet another Pittsburgher by the way) who did the illustrations.

See here.

ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 18
(2,939 Views)

@Ben wrote:

But what I did find funny was a silly book I found in my old book adventures. It was a book composed of screw-ups by students compiled into a book named "Boners" (did I get away with posting that?). The illustations caught my eye and sure enough, yes it was Dr. Seuss (yet another Pittsburgher by the way) who did the illustrations.

See here.

ben

Must be a beautiful day in the neighborhood

(Maybe Saverio will let me get a solution while he recovers from Fred Rodgers)

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 18
(2,936 Views)

@JÞB wrote:

@Ben wrote:

See here.

ben

I probably told the story before but I think it is worht repeating...

WHen I was working for DEC I was invited down to Mr. Roger's neighborhood to help them with a laser printer. It was a unique experieince.

So I jumped into troubleshooting a soon discovered it need a new PCB that was not in stock. So I braced myself for the normal "Riot Act" being read to me when I delivered the news that they would have to wait but waht shocked when my contact replied "That's OK Ben, wnat a cookie?"

The entire staff of the place acted just like Fred did during the show. It was weird.

But the real nut-case is Mr McFeeley (Speedy Delivery) who wrote the scripts for all of the shows. Prior to that I just assumed they stepped in front of the cameras and started winging it. No, they were scripted. Mr McFeeley's office had pidgeon holes lining all of the walls up to the ceiling containing all of the scripts for all of the shows.

So when preparing to visit them with the new PCB one of the secrataries asked that I get some autographed pictures. When Mr. McFeeley asked who the pictures were for and learned it was one of the secretaries he signed the picture "Stop down and find out hwo I got my name."

Smiley Surprised

Quite an adventure.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 16 of 18
(2,930 Views)

@Ben wrote:

@JÞB wrote:

@Ben wrote:

See here.

ben

I probably told the story before but I think it is worht repeating...

WHen I was working for DEC I was invited down to Mr. Roger's neighborhood to help them with a laser printer. It was a unique experieince.

So I jumped into troubleshooting a soon discovered it need a new PCB that was not in stock. So I braced myself for the normal "Riot Act" being read to me when I delivered the news that they would have to wait but waht shocked when my contact replied "That's OK Ben, wnat a cookie?"

The entire staff of the place acted just like Fred did during the show. It was weird.

But the real nut-case is Mr McFeeley (Speedy Delivery) who wrote the scripts for all of the shows. Prior to that I just assumed they stepped in front of the cameras and started winging it. No, they were scripted. Mr McFeeley's office had pidgeon holes lining all of the walls up to the ceiling containing all of the scripts for all of the shows.

So when preparing to visit them with the new PCB one of the secrataries asked that I get some autographed pictures. When Mr. McFeeley asked who the pictures were for and learned it was one of the secretaries he signed the picture "Stop down and find out hwo I got my name."

Smiley Surprised

Quite an adventure.

Ben

Mr Rogers friendlier neighbor. You see that one on Playboy channel

Tim
GHSP
Message 17 of 18
(2,895 Views)

@JÞB wrote:

@Ben wrote:

See here.

ben

(Maybe Saverio will let me get a solution while he recovers from Fred Rodgers)

Five minutes later... The tree branch dropped though my power service.  I'm guessing someone is working on a LabVIEW Tree Control customizationSmiley LOL

Message 18 of 18
(2,878 Views)