Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Messages Created when Replying and Server Problems Encountered

Solved!
Go to solution

I've had this happen to me, and I've seen another instance of it (this message, which was intended as a response into this thread), though I suspect there are more. If you are replying to a message and you encounter a server hang-up (which seems to be happening more and more frequently these days with the forum), you may get the "Site unavailable" message (or something to those words) from the browser. In Firefox there's a "Try Again" button, which I believes reloads the page. When this happens, instead of the message being added as a reply to the thread, the message is placed into a new thread.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14
(7,147 Views)

Hi smercurio_fc,

Thank you the feedback on this issue.  We have reported the matter and have given these examples to our vendor.  We'll update this thread whenever we hear anything back.

Thanks!

Stephanie R.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14
(7,095 Views)

Hi all,

We have heard back from the vendor about this issue and they have requested some more information so they can troubleshoot further.  Would it be possible for you (anyone who experiences this issue) to post a screenshot of the "Site Unavailable" page?  Has anyone noticed whether or not this occurs every time the "Try Again" link is clicked or only some of the time? 

Currently, the suggested workaround is to just navigate back to the Post Message page and try posting from there.  Because we use AutoSave, the body of the message should still be present when you do this.

Thanks!

Stephanie R.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14
(7,049 Views)

It's the standard message the browser gives when a site times out. Why do I have to provide Lithium a screenshot of a standard screen?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14
(7,035 Views)

Hi smercurio,

I think they just wanted to verify what you all are seeing when this problem occurs.  I can pass the word on, though, that it is just the standard timeout screen. 

Thanks!

Stephanie R.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 14
(7,030 Views)

I would like to add another occurrence. This time it didn't time out. In this thread: http://forums.ni.com/t5/Measurement-Studio-for-VC/Synchronizing-Chai-3D-program-run-in-Microsoft-Vis... I replied with a post and in the post I tried to attach a 7zip file of around 15MB. After I clicked post, the status bar (Firefox) said "transferring" or something like that, for a while. But when it finished instead of a reply it created a new thread here: http://forums.ni.com/t5/Measurement-Studio-for-VC/Re-Synchronizing-Chai-3D-program-run-in-Microsoft-...

I imagine it happened because the file was too large to upload. When I tried to reply to the second thread again with the same file, it created a third thread which I got a mod to remove. Note, the 15MB file did not get attached either time.

Matt

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14
(6,978 Views)