cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unexpected behavior while trying to post reply

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi Everyone,

I have passed all of the complaints in this thread to Lithium about the editor at various times.  Some of the issues seem to be specific to one browser or another.  For example, the jumping around when the editor is full of text only  happens in IE for me.  The "phantom" space issue seems to only happen in Firefox.  Performance causes some issues the further you are away from the physical server location (California).  I have been slowly working with people at NI and Lithium to improve performance but it has not been an easy task.  

I have been told to expect better performance with the next major version of the forums.  I have not been able to get an answer about the other two problems I mentioned because we seem to be the only community affected by these problems.  As of now, I expect the next version late this year or early next year. Of course, this can always change.

Thank you all for continuing to report these issues.  I am listening and I do convey your concerns and frustrations to Lithium.  These issues with the editor unfortunately are not easy to reproduce and I have not had success testing for them prior to releases of new versions Smiley Sad

Regards,

Laura
Web Support & Operations
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 14
(3,261 Views)

Thanks Laura for the great work that you do.  We all appreciate it.  🙂

Maybe we need to train the people at Lithium on how to write LabVIEW code and get them to participate in providing answers or solutions to others within the forum.  That would give them a chance to experience the editor.  They could go through a proxy at some remote location to simulate the lattency over the web.  😉

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(3,252 Views)

How the quoted message comes to the top? Smiley Wink

untitled.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(3,205 Views)

Mathan wrote:

How the quoted message comes to the top? Smiley Wink

I've see that before. Make sure the page has completely loading before pressing the "quote" button.

Message 14 of 14
(3,192 Views)