Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blogs - Questions and Feedback

Are you a blog author with questions about the new blogging system? First, we recommend reading the following topic:

If you're wondering what has changed with the migration, a summary can be found in the post here: Changes to Community Functionality

• Blogs do not exist within user groups. Blogs can be found in their own area of the community.
  • Blog post creation is limited to the authors assigned to a blog.
  • Blog posts can have pre-defined labels added to act as a type of sub-categorization.
  • New blog creation is limited to Community Managers. Requests for a new blog will go through an approval process to ensure that the available blogs will be regularly contributed to by dedicated authors.

You may also want to check the Known Issues with Migration list if you suspect you have encountered a bug.

If your question regarding blogs is not covered above, or if you have any feedback to provide, please post below.

~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(6,093 Views)

Hi Lili,

Getting used to my new home now,

Is there any chance of getting KUDOS on blog comments, some of my commenters write significantly better responses than my original article and I'd like to offer some reward (not that I really know what Kudos are for, can I cash them in at NIWeek?)

Many thanks for your efforts!

Steve

Steve

Opportunity to learn from experienced developers / entrepeneurs (Fab,Joerg and Brian amongst them):
DSH Pragmatic Software Development Workshop

Random Ramblings Index
My Profile

Message 2 of 13
(5,918 Views)
Hi Steve - we are looking into enabling kudos on blog comments. I'll let you know when we have an update.
~~~~~~~~~
Message 3 of 13
(5,893 Views)
Update: We should have the kudos button enabled on blog comments in our next release.
~~~~~~~~~
Message 4 of 13
(5,732 Views)

sweet! I really appreciate your efforts

Steve

Opportunity to learn from experienced developers / entrepeneurs (Fab,Joerg and Brian amongst them):

Random Ramblings Index
My Profile

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(5,731 Views)
Update: The kudos button on blog comments is now live.
~~~~~~~~~
Message 6 of 13
(5,631 Views)

Woohoo, I'll Kudos you for that!

Steve

Random Ramblings Index
My Profile

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(5,629 Views)

And as a bonus the old Kudos are saved,

Kudos for EVERYONE!!!!!!

Well done team

Steve

Random Ramblings Index
My Profile

Message 8 of 13
(5,627 Views)

Would it be possible to allow attachments on comments of blog posts? It doesn't always make sense to post something on the original blog post and I know if I send something through a PM, someone is going to ask me to send it to them as well years later when it's long lost to the big recycle bin in the cloud.

Matt J | National Instruments | CLA
Message 9 of 13
(5,421 Views)

@Jacobson-ni wrote:

Would it be possible to allow attachments on comments of blog posts?

Save for the Idea Exchanges.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(5,417 Views)