Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comments/Questions on New Layout

Hi,

to add a suggestion to my previous post:

When writing a message the text editor window is narrower then the "white space area" of the website because of the "Message Tags" input field on the right side. When you move that input between "Subject" and "Body" you can make the editor window wider as well as the message tags input:

check.png

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 71 of 174
(1,550 Views)

How do I ask a question!?!?!

It was awkward enough in the old layout but now I cant seem to find any option for adding a question.

Labview 14.0, Labview 12.0
CLAD
Mechanical Engineering Student
0 Kudos
Message 72 of 174
(1,527 Views)

Hi,

one more "bug" (or is it a feature? :D):

When your message is selected as "solution" you get an email notification. That's nice.

But that email shows as topic line "Your answer on Community Home has been accepted as a solution!"

"Community Home" is very generic - using the thread title (or atleast "LabVIEW forum") would be much more descriptive…

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 73 of 174
(1,515 Views)

HI Gerd,

You were commenting on editor font sizes.  I noticed your messages come up with a lot smaller font than everyone else's.  Even when I set my screen to 100% and everyone's is too big, your's is still a bit smaller than what I considered normal and remember from the old forum layout.  Did you change your editor settings to something specific?

0 Kudos
Message 74 of 174
(1,500 Views)

To everyone commenting on font sizes -- we are working on this. Please be patient.

Stephen1995 wrote: How do I ask a question!?!?!

It was awkward enough in the old layout but now I cant seem to find any option for adding a question.

Stephen - where are you seeing this problem? If you go to the LabVIEW board, there is a button that says Start a Topic which will allow you to post a new topic with your question.

starttopic.png

GerdW wrote: "Community Home" is very generic - using the thread title (or atleast "LabVIEW forum") would be much more descriptive…

We're aware of this issue and will update it accordingly. It had previously said "NI Discussion Forums."

~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 75 of 174
(1,487 Views)

Hi RavensFan,

nothing special, I just set the text to "font size 2" when posting a message! 😄

(My way to enforce more compact messages in the forum. I did the same with my signature…)

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 76 of 174
(1,513 Views)
Ahh I see now. I was just clicking the community and then forum option and being presented with forums but no option to start. This is before clicking the boards which I didn't fully understand. Seems simple enough though now
Labview 14.0, Labview 12.0
CLAD
Mechanical Engineering Student
0 Kudos
Message 77 of 174
(1,506 Views)

Hi Lili,

check.png

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 78 of 174
(1,501 Views)

Gerd -- the text editor wouldn't have changed. This component is a third party component called TinyMCE Editor. In programs such as Microsoft Word, the process works as you described, but I don't recall that being the case here (I have faced my own frustrations with this).  Does anyone else recall how this functioned in the past?

~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 79 of 174
(1,498 Views)

Hi Lili,

one more "complaint" about the editor:

I know (means "I'm sure") I could have text in one line with an embedded image.

Now I tried the same (putting a comment just right to an image): I set the cursor to the right of the image and start to type. Immediately with the first char the cursor jumps to the next line, not allowing to put text right behind an image.

Additionally: when the cursor is below an image and you try to move it left (using cursor keys) the cursor stays below the image. When the cursor is in the text line above an image and you move the cursor to the right it will jump over the image (more or less as expected). Why does it behave different with cursor-left and cursor-right?

The editor behaved different last week and I don't like those subtle changes…

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 80 of 174
(1,489 Views)