Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comments/Questions on New Layout

When commenting on an idea, every insertion of a link or image will scroll the page all the way up to the very, very top. And every time I need to scroll all the way to the botton to continue composing the idea comment. Tedious, especially for long idea threads!

0 Kudos
Message 171 of 174
(715 Views)

@Ray.R wrote:

This is an impressive statistics..  There's a couple of them...  Zero posts but 5401 kudos.  Impressive.

I think this issue may have been previously reported.

If you click through to the user's profile, you'll see those kudos came from a document in the community. The document was for a contest in which kudos equated to votes. With the migration, these kudos counted towards this year.

@elset191 wrote:

The breadcrumbs are misaligned.  This may have already been reported.

Thanks for pointing this out. We'll be sure that this is on the backlog to be fixed.

@RobertoBozzolo wrote:
I'm not sure if this has been posted before...

It's annoying that while looking at an idea in the Idea Exchange boards "Back to Idea Exchange" and other navigation links appear only at the bottom of the page while on all other forum boards they are duplicated at the top of the page too. You have to scroll past all comments to reach them!

Thanks for the feedback. We can look at potentially adding the navigation links to the top of the page (which would match what you see on a forum topic).

@altenbach wrote:

When commenting on an idea, every insertion of a link or image will scroll the page all the way up to the very, very top. And every time I need to scroll all the way to the botton to continue composing the idea comment. Tedious, especially for long idea threads!

This has been reported before and it is a bug in the platform. There is no estimate yet for when this will be fixed. Also note the same thing occurs when inserting images or links into blog post comments.

~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 172 of 174
(695 Views)

One minor mdification that could greatly improve forum readability could be to hide kudos count in message listings if equal zero, thus passing from this view:

Screenshot 2017-02-22 13.35.48.png 

to this neater one:

Screenshot 2017-02-22 13.35.48 suggestion.png

Proud to use LW/CVI from 3.1 on.

My contributions to the Developer Community
(648 Views)

The same could apply to Community Documents page: as you can see, the overuse of zero-comments and zero-kudos evidences makes finding posts commented/kudoed hard to find.

As a comparison, the search results page in Community Documents is very different: kudoed / commented items stand out immediately among all in the list.

A simple application of the rule that When everyone's super, no one will be! Smiley Very Happy

Proud to use LW/CVI from 3.1 on.

My contributions to the Developer Community
(635 Views)