Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do you use the mobile version of the Forums?

@JÞB wrote:

There is a switch link on the verry bottom of each page

No, that's exactly the problem, there isn't.  On the mobile version there's a switch link to go to the full version, but not vice versa.  Here's a screenshot of the bottom of a forum page from my desktop, and the mobile version looks similar when viewing the full site.
bottom of NI forum.PNG

Am I missing something?  Is this link only on some pages, or only in some browsers?

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 51
(3,618 Views)

It is there on the iPhone. (Safari)

When I first saw the mobile version I posted 'Holy Cr@p', looks like I was half right...  Smiley Very Happy

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 51
(3,612 Views)
Quick. check my profile page for last browser. I get the switch and am mobile till morning.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 51
(3,606 Views)
Of course I lack cut n paste so if anyone's not mobile......

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 51
(3,604 Views)
Darn can't even edit posts smiley:sad

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 51
(3,603 Views)

No, that's exactly the problem, there isn't.  On the mobile version there's a switch link to go to the full version, but not vice versa.  Here's a screenshot of the bottom of a forum page from my desktop, and the mobile version looks similar when viewing the full site.
bottom of NI forum.PNG

Am I missing something?  Is this link only on some pages, or only in some browsers?

Hi nathand,

I have an iPhone and am able to switch between versions easily via the links at the bottom. Which device are you using to access the forums? As far as I know this option should be available to all.

mobile browser.PNG

A work around would be to add "?device-view=mobile" or "?device-view=desktopto the end of http://forums.ni.com when navigating to the forums on your mobile device.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 51
(3,598 Views)

@JÞB wrote:
Quick. check my profile page for last browser. I get the switch and am mobile till morning.

Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.6; en-us; VS910 4G Build/GRK39F) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1

Message 17 of 51
(3,597 Views)

JordanG wrote:

I have an iPhone and am able to switch between versions easily via the links at the bottom. Which device are you using to access the forums? As far as I know this option should be available to all.

On my desktop, Firefox.  Mobile device is a Blackberry.  In the full version I don't see the option to switch to mobile on either platform.

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 51
(3,591 Views)

My guess is it has to do with the referer string your phone/tablet sends to the server.  Tapatalk-enabled forums use that to pop up the alert. 

Might be worth trying a different browser?  Maybe see if there's a referer-spoofing tool you can use to throw some keywords like "android" or "mobile" into the referer?

Since Lithium's the forum software, it's not really an NI-related issue... (aren't there lithium admins on this board?)

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 51
(3,588 Views)

When browsing on iPhone (iOS 4-6 over the past 2 yrs), the first order of business has always been to scroll to the bottom to change to "Full" version in order to interact with the full featureset. But 95%+ of my forum involvement is via desktop/laptop rather than mobile.

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 51
(3,561 Views)