From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Ratings Discussion - Kudos

I'm sure I remember reading this somewhere, but what is the new meaning of the first metric - member / trusted / proven? Now that kudos has replaced stars, is it some sort of scale of amount of kudos?
Message Edited by yenknip on 10-13-2008 05:37 PM
(4,574 Views)

Hi Ed,

You are correct - the first box in the rank (trusted/proven) was based off of average rating.  Right now, your average rating is the same that it was when we converted the ratings to Kudos.  My next project is to start working on what to do with this first box.  Once I have a few ideas, I'll post back.

Thanks,

Laura 

0 Kudos
Message 42 of 59
(4,551 Views)

It would be good to have a system put in place for that first box again.  It would give a chance for any newer forum members to be able to progress to the higher ranks as they particpate more.  Since average rating has no meaning anymore, it would have to be based off just a total like the 2nd and 3rd box are.

Assume anyone who has achieved trusted or proven maintains those ranks and won't drop back.  I would base anyone being upgraded be based on the total number of kudoes they've received (or accepted solutions, or a combination of these.)  Perhaps after 10 kudoes someone goes from a blank bar to Trusted status.  After accumulating 50, they go from Trusted to Proven.  Maybe 1 accepted solution is equivalent to 5 or 10 kudoes.  Exactly what kudo counts should equate to what levels could be open for debate, but looking at the leaderboard and seeing where the current proven and trusted members are in their kudo counts could give an idea of where the breakpoints would be.

Message 43 of 59
(4,519 Views)

Unfortunately because of the 1 star bandit issues we had previously, our top forum members are all over the map in terms of kudos count.  I have started to work towards a meaning for that first box, but it is still in the very early stages.  I'm not sure that it should rely on Kudos at all because then we may still have issues like we did with the average rating - It could be insulting if you were not given a Kudos because then you do not gain status towards the next rank! I certainly want to avoid any situation that casts Kudos in a negative light.

Thanks,

Laura 

Message 44 of 59
(4,493 Views)

It could be based on the number of accepted solutions. 

That would be more difficult to skew the results.

R

0 Kudos
Message 45 of 59
(4,465 Views)

JoeLabView wrote:

R

But that would force everyone (except Dennis and Christian) to start over from the begining thereby invaidating all of the contributions made before the conversion took place. Do we* REALLY want to do that?

Ben

* At the rate changes to the forums get implemented, Saverio and I have a snow-balls chances of escaping that situation. "Quick, post some replies before they make up their mind!" Smiley Very Happy

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 46 of 59
(4,457 Views)

Okay...

So we're not "Proven" for a while...  Statistically speaking, it wouldn't take that much time to get a few "accepted solutions" and get the gold bar back.. 

Maybe some people like CC would be affected a bit longer... hummm..  yep.. we have to consider that.

But it would avoid having people who only chat and don't post solutions to get proven..  Think about it..

People who regularly visit the forum know who the main contributors are...  And as for the novice, they don't have a clue what the bars mean and probably don't care much..

R

0 Kudos
Message 47 of 59
(4,448 Views)

JoeLabView wrote:

R

If I start a thread I can mark my own reply as accepted solution. So,... I think it would be very easy to skew the results.:smileysad:

Uli

Message 48 of 59
(4,443 Views)

Ben wrote:

But that would force everyone (except Dennis and Christian) to start over from the begining thereby invaidating all of the contributions made before the conversion took place. Do we* REALLY want to do that?

I think that is why everyone who has achieved their current trusted or proven status can be baselined to that level when the new counts take over.

UliB wrote:

JoeLabView wrote:

R

If I start a thread I can mark my own reply as accepted solution. So,... I think it would be very easy to skew the results.:smileysad:

Uli

That is true.  So perhaps it should just be based on Kudoes since you can't Kudo yourself.
0 Kudos
Message 49 of 59
(4,432 Views)

If I start a thread I can mark my own reply as accepted solution. So,... I think it would be very easy to skew the results.
But please consider that there is also also an element of transperency included in the forum now.Will be very embarrasing for someone to do so..........
0 Kudos
Message 50 of 59
(4,421 Views)