From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Icons thread

As promised, here is the thread for temporary (?) placement of icons.
My brief research has led me to the following insights:
NI icons are 36x36 pixels GIFs with a 96 dpi resolution and an 8-bit depth and about 1 KB in size. Anything bigger will probably just be resized to fit this, so there is no point in posting bigger files, they will just download slower. I have tried linking to a bigger JPG I posted to the forums and recieved a message that either the address or the format was incorrect. According to the site, the icons can be JPG, GIF or PNG.

I have also failed when posting a PNG created in photoshop just now.

Message Edited by tst on 03-04-2005 11:23 AM

TIP: Please be sure the file extension for the image is lowercase for the link to work correctly.

Message Edited by Support on 01-16-2006 05:22 PM

tst,

Did you place your icon on some web server somewhere where you can index it? Or can you upload it to a secret place (such as a post) on the NI site and index it from there??

JLV
Message 2 of 498
(27,532 Views)
JLV, I think you've been spending too much time on trying to figure out we are. As I explicitly said in my previous post, this thread is a thread for posting icons. Then, after posting the icon, you copy its address and use that as the url for your icon, which is what I've done. As I've stated, I had some trouble with this, but eventually, as you can see, it did work. I'm not sure where the problems originated (the use of a space, invalid format, plain bad luck), so I would stick to a JPG.

Thanks tst,

I had tried an experiment with an icon when they switched to the new forum format.
Needless to say it was unsuccessful.

Thanks for the tip, I shall post an icon and get rid of "Riker"..\n\n

😉
Message 4 of 498
(27,533 Views)
a picture of "moi"

😄

Message Edited by JoeLabView on 03-08-2005 03:02 PM

Message 5 of 498
(27,526 Views)
Hi tst,

How did you get your icon to find the this thread?

I tried : http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/130/767/2/pic.JPG

and it did not work.

😞
Message 6 of 498
(27,527 Views)
I'm not sure. Like I said, I had similar problems. In the end, I right clicked and selected "copy shortcut" and pasted and that seemed to work. I really don't know where these problems come from.

Until then, maybe I'll stick to this icon and become your "buddy"

😉

JaneLV
Message 8 of 498
(27,511 Views)
Nice icon you've posted, JaneLV. I'll keep it for ME!

I just changed the extension in the link from .JPG to .jpg . The extension match seems to be case sensitive.

LabVIEW, C'est LabVIEW

Message 9 of 498
(27,505 Views)
DOH!!!!!

😠
Message 10 of 498
(27,494 Views)