FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cRIO remote panel exceeds licenses

Solved!
Go to solution

An NI support Engineer helped me get my remote panels working.

Something isn't quite right with the 2009 distributions. I was sent a multi-user license file which I had to ftp to a directory structure on the CRIO that I had to create.

Everything is working fine now.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 17
(4,317 Views)

thanks calvus

was the same deal with me. As larger the license as better, it works fine now too. 

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 17
(4,313 Views)

I have the same problem! How can I solve it?

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 17
(3,694 Views)

Hello Serialdriver,

If you need to obtain a license file for remote front panels on your real-time target, you should contact NI via the customer service hotline (http://sine.ni.com/apps/utf8/nicc.call_me.)  It may also be worth starting a new forum thread describing the behavior you are seeing in detail (screenshots, what you are doing when this happens, has this ever worked, etc.), as this thread hasn't been updated in several years and it is unlikely that the original posters will see your comment. In either case, I would suggest contacting NI technical support for assistance troubleshooting this issue.

Regards,

Tom L.
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 17
(3,679 Views)

I'm having the same problem today.  I'm reprogramming a cRIO-9022 with LabVIEW 2009 SP1.  Everything works just fine for my standalone application, except that I can't connect to the remote front panel.  Same error message about "number of licenses exceeded."  It sounds like the fix is to get a license file and put it somewhere in the cRIO directory structure.  But where exactly does it go?

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 17
(3,517 Views)

Sorry but I can't remember where - I believe I was hand held through it by tech support person who I needed to contact to get a licence file anyway.

That was years ago, you should seriously consider an upgrade to the latest version of LV and your tool kits and make your life easier.

Good luck.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 17
(3,514 Views)

Yes Calvus, eventually I will upgrade to a newer version.  But I'm a little bit stubborn about this.  We live in a fast-paced world, but 5 year old software should not be completely worthless.

I actually fixed this myself by reverting to LabVIEW 8.6.  The computer I inherited has 7, 8.5, 8.6 & 2009 installed.  I saved my project File -> Save for Previous Version .  Then I used Measurement & Automation Explorer to install LabVIEW RT 8.6.1 onto my cRIO 9022.  This replaced Web Server for LabVIEW RT 2.0.0 with the previous version 1.0.1.

Built it, deployed it, ran it.  Now I can connect to Remote Panel with Operate -> Connect to Remote Panel.  But I get a different error in my web browser, "Remote panel protocol version incompatible."  So the final step is to remake the html page with the Web Publishing Tool so it specifies the 8.6 run time engine instead of the 9.0.  Now it works just like I wanted!

Thanks for nothing NI help desk!

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 17
(3,505 Views)