Dynamic Signal Acquisition

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

simulated shaft centerline plot

Hi,

I try to simulate data for using the "Shaft Centerline ExpressVI" (NI Sound and Vibration). But my "Shaft Centerline Plot ExpressVI (sim).vi" doesn't work and I don't know why 😞

The ExpressVI shows no plot and the error massage "The input signal is empty." appears.

Has one of you an idea?

Thanks

Jens

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(6,518 Views)

Speed profile is not likely sampled at the proper interval (at tachometer pulse positions). Please post back if you can verify sampling or need help converting speed profile to speed position info.

The speed waveform is also missing required attributes. Please refer to the generated code for the Tachometer Processing Express VI for how to attach all required attributes. (specifically OAT Convert Speed XY Graph to Waveform.vi)

Are you trying to simulate signals because the analog tachometer signal is not available and saved, or because you are trying to input simulated data into the Shaft Centerline Express VI?

Doug
NI Sound and Vibration
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(6,514 Views)

have you tried the example:

LabVIEW\examples\order analysis\shaft centerline plot

In your eample, your speed profile should have at least one speed instance per revolution, not sure if this makes a difference. 

Preston Johnson
Solutions Manager, Industrial IoT: Condition Monitoring and Predictive Analytics
cbt
512 431 2371
preston.johnson@cbtechinc
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(6,513 Views)

dsb@NI wrote:

Speed profile is not likely sampled at the proper interval (at tachometer pulse positions).

What do you mean with "at the proper interval"? And how can I change it?

The data I'm using is generated by the S&V-example "oax_Load Shaft Centerline Data.vi".

dsb@NI wrote:

Please post back if you can verify sampling or need help converting speed profile to speed position info.

Yes, I need help in converting the speed profile.

dsb@NI wrote:
The speed waveform is also missing required attributes. Please refer to the generated code for the Tachometer Processing Express VI for how to attach all required attributes. (specifically OAT Convert Speed XY Graph to Waveform.vi)

Do you mean the following attributes?

missing attributes?

dsb@NI wrote:
Are you trying to simulate signals because the analog tachometer signal is not available and saved, or because you are trying to input simulated data into the Shaft Centerline Express VI?

I need the possibility to simulated shaft centerline plots on my desk. But not like the Example "Shaft Centerline Plot (Simulated).vi from the S&V-libary. I want to generate data by myself, with different speeds and offsets (shaft centerline motions), so that I can proof that the algorithm works correctly.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(6,504 Views)

@preston johnson wrote:

have you tried the example:

LabVIEW\examples\order analysis\shaft centerline plot

Yes I tried the example. But I want to program a shaft centerline plot with my own data. On this way I want to proof that the algorithm works correctly.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(6,502 Views)

... that is what I need Smiley Happy

Unbenannt.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(6,500 Views)