From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Dynamic Signal Acquisition

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

measurement of the dynamic pressure by IEPE sensor

I believe the sensor/amplifier bias voltage will overload the +/- 5 V input range of the 9234 if you disable AC coupling. 4461 (2 AO, 2 AI) and 4462 (4 AI) have the necessary IEPE, programmable AC coupling, and software selectable input range (up to +/- 42 V).

Doug
NI Sound and Vibration
0 Kudos
Message 21 of 23
(3,139 Views)

4461 or 4462 are far above my budget 😞

Preston, what do you mean to shift signal by 0.1 V? do you mean to add it to already recorded signal? or to process it somehow befor it comes to 9233? I already tried to shift signal by minimum value (f.e. 0.1V) but it does not help to much. the resulting values were still below what I was expecting.

you mentioned that if I use DC coupling the signal will rise above the module input range +/- 5V. I do not need to read continously the pressure course. I could take a set of singular cycles, for example every second. What if I reset the signal and start measurement from the begining? is it possible to do such reset internally inside 9233?

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 23
(3,131 Views)

You could probebly buy a signal conditioner which provides IEPE power and is DC coupled for less than changing your DAQ hardware.  I see 6 channel setups quite often on the used market which could be calibrated.  Of course you still have to deal with the fact that your current DAQ device always has IEPE turned on.

Mark DeArman
0 Kudos
Message 23 of 23
(3,033 Views)