Did you mean: 

wsn gateway 9791 hangs

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello, Dear NI-Engineers!

There is a problem with WSN-9791.

It has hangs after a month of work.

WSN driver/firmware 1.1.0f3.

In the MAX it is not displayed any module. Work has been continued only after reboot WSN-9791 from MAX.

Now I'm about to update driver to 1.2 version. Does anybody know can it help to resolve the situation?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(8,112 Views)

The same situation with modules WSN-3202. Some of them hang after a week-other of work. And, very strange thing is observed at attempt them to power on again. I check power voltage, all is good. I disconnect a power for a minute, then connect again... And so some times. The module "refuses" to switch on. The unusual idea to knock on him a finger, very much slightly-slightly has come to mind. Miracle! The module has earned. And the same situation has repeated still with 3 modules!!!
I do not have words, thoughts, guesses... o_O

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(8,110 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author kolan

Hi Kolan,

The update to WSN 1.2 is definitely recommended; as it fixes bugs, and improves performance.

WSN 1.2 Update

First update the Gateway Firmware, then each of the nodes as well.

An issue with the Gateway would likely impact the nodes as well, so see if the problem reoccurs after the firmware update.

All the best,

Fred Visser -- SystemLink R&D -- National Instruments
Message 3 of 13
(8,097 Views)

Hi Fred!

I have updated firmware to 1.2.
I will describe a problem hardly more in detail.
In WSN-modules there is no regular power supply in the form of accumulators, available only 220V->15V. Periodically a power supply in a network disappear, so voltage can have random form for a short time.
The Gateway WSN-9791 is on UPS.

As to the Gateway, I have 2 assumptions.
1. During repair work of electricians time of 220V absence has sufficed for the discharge of UPS battery, but thus not up to the end and so that wsn-9791 supply voltage completely wasn't gone, but was essentially lowered, as has led to hangup.
2. On the other hand, it is possible, as you have noticed, "dampness" firmware.

As to modules, I have also 2 assumptions.
1. A problem at hardware level since modules don't power on after power supply restoration.
2. The effect of memory (flash) if that is possible in case of modules 3202 that can be indirectly connected with firmware.

More I will add that lags of modules were observed on the previous firmware versions. And in those cases they also "refused" to power on after restoration of a power voltage.

I will inform on results if the situation repeats with firmware 1.2.

Thanks for reply, Fred!

Kolan

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(8,062 Views)

If the problem of modules is connected with firmware probably it concerns to NI-WSN 1.2 Fix CAR ID 170507 "The node does not shut down properly when battery voltage is too low."

And the situation which deals with this Fix "End nodes remain on longer than anticipated when they have failed to join a network." also observed.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(8,057 Views)

Hi Kolan,

Sounds good. Please let us know how things go with the updated (NI-WSN 1.2) firmware.

All the best,

Fred Visser -- SystemLink R&D -- National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(8,036 Views)

Has transited month, no one module no the gateway hangs, all works regularly with the driver 1.2 Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(7,903 Views)

Hi NI Engineers,

I am using a gateway NI-WSN 9791 with a node 3202 (node #1) to monitor a batch pump in the plant where I work. This system was working properly. For some reason, I can not deploy the node #1 anymore. I`ve already reset it, but I am still getting the same messagem error below after trying to run the VI:

LabVIEW:  Invalid entry in configuration file.

Thanks in advance!

Luiz

_____________________ _ _ _ _ _ _

"Together we stand, divided we fall..."

Certified LabVIEW Associate Developer

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(7,737 Views)

Hi Luiz!

Was the command "Deploy" fulfilled earlier?
If yes, that, any actions have possibly been done: updating firmware/updating LabView/reinstallation LabView etc.

And it is not absolutely clear - during which moment there is an error.

It is necessary for more information.

Can You copy and paste full message log when running VI?

Perhaps, it is necessary to open a new subject for your question.
I then will close this subject in a month-other when there will be a confidence of stability of operation.

Kolan

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(7,731 Views)

If you prefer, we can go on with this solution in another subject.

_____________________ _ _ _ _ _ _

"Together we stand, divided we fall..."

Certified LabVIEW Associate Developer

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(7,728 Views)