From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Wireless Sensor Networks

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"replace with programmatic access" not appearing for WSN I/O Variables

Does anyone know why this wouldn't be appearing as a right click option?  It is currently greyed out.

I'm using http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361G-01/lvconcepts/usingdynvarapi/ as a reference.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(6,035 Views)

Hello Lockesmith,

The reason why this feature is not accessible is because it is an I/O variable. They do not allow this feature only Network published shared variables can be changed to programmatic access. 

Wear
National Instruments
Product Support Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(6,019 Views)

I have a couple of WSN gateways in my project.  I'm trying to access some of the channels on the nodes that are connected to the gateways using the "Search Variable Container" vi.  It gave me the option of specifying "NI WSN-3212" as the class.  But, when I specify the address of the container refnum in it is throwing an error saying my address is incorrect.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(6,012 Views)

Hello Lockesmith,

What version of LabVIEW are you using and would you be able to attach a scaled down example of what you are trying to do? Also would you be able to attach the error you are experiencing? 

Wear
National Instruments
Product Support Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(5,993 Views)