Wireless Sensor Networks

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WSN not showing in MAX

Smiley Tonguehahaha,thanks for every body here ,i have already resolve my problem that is wsn-node can been seen in max.

my reason is that i input a wrong serial number for each node .(actually at the very start i don't know what is serial number used for ......Smiley Wink)

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 28
(3,256 Views)

Hi, I'm using the NI 9792 and I can see it in MAX (the computer identify the 9792) but I cannot install the WSN software to it. MAX doesn't show the Software section under Remote Systems. What could be?

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 28
(3,235 Views)

Hello Archie,

This is Andrew Brown, an Applications Engineer from National Instruments. I would appreciate if you could answer the following questions:

1. What version of NI-WSN do you have installed?

2. What version of MAX do you have installed?

3. If you expand the WSN 9792 within MAX, do you have the "Devices and Interfaces" option appear?

You can determine the versions for the first two questions by expanding My System»Software within MAX. I would also appreciate if you could post screenshots of the issue.

Regards,

Andrew Brown

Software Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 23 of 28
(3,223 Views)

-I have the version 1.2.1 of NI-WSN, but it appears like NI-WSN 1.2.

-The version that I use of MAX is the 5.0.

-Yes, the Software and Devices and Interfaces section don't appear under Remote Systems.

I actually use LabVIEW 2011.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 24 of 28
(3,215 Views)
Do I need NI-WSN 1.3.0?
0 Kudos
Message 25 of 28
(3,208 Views)

Hello Archie Flores,

Thanks for posting the additional information. To answer your question, you should not need to use NI-WSN 1.3.0 according to the NI Software Version Support for NI WSN Devices. On the 1.JPG image you posted, I noticed that your device has the status "Inconsistent IP Settings". This is probably the root cause of why you cannot see the software tab in MAX. Steps to fix it can be found at this KnowledgeBase article.

Please let me know if the problem still occurs with a different WSN device status.

Regards,

Andrew Brown

Software Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 26 of 28
(3,200 Views)

Hello Archie Flores,

Another note on your 9792 issue is that you have the time server set to 0.0.0.0 . Another possible fix for your issue is to configure this time server on your 9792. An article on how to do this is How Do I Configure My Time Server on the NI WSN-9791 or NI 9792 Gateway.

Regards,

Andrew Brown

Software Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 27 of 28
(3,198 Views)

I fixed my issue. It was the IP of the NI-9792. Thank you very much!

0 Kudos
Message 28 of 28
(3,174 Views)