Wireless Sensor Networks

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WSN not showing in MAX

I am not seeing the WSN add-in options in MAX.  I have reinstalled and repaired, the WSNProvider help file was not installed, but the shortcuts are there.  The Network Browser works and I am able to see the Gateway in Project Explorer.  It seems all of the configuration is done in MAX?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 28
(7,591 Views)

A change in installation options solved it.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 28
(7,586 Views)

Is there another way of installing drivers into MAX?  Also, is there any documentation on the 9792 console commands and .ini files for setting up?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 28
(7,579 Views)

Hi Nonegatives,

Your best resource is probably the NI 9792 WSN Real-Time Gateway User Guide and Specifications.  I'm not finding any specific ini settings since normal circumstances don't typically require editing the ini file.

Thanks,

- Greg J

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 28
(7,576 Views)

I can see the gateway now, but I can not add nodes.  The "help" tells me to select the WSN Nodes tab which does not exist. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 28
(7,544 Views)

Hi Nonegatives,

The WSN Nodes tab is at the bottom of your MAX window, as shown below. It should appear when you have the WSN gateway selected under Remote Systems.

AddNodes.png

Are you not seeing it there?

Andy H.
National Instruments
Message 6 of 28
(7,525 Views)

Can you describe what steps you took to resolve the issue?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 28
(7,455 Views)

I am facing the same problem. When I select the NI-WSN 9791 in MAX, I can find the "WSN node" tab. But, when I select the WSN 9792 gateway on the tree, there is no "WSN node" tab. What should I do?

_____________________ _ _ _ _ _ _

"Together we stand, divided we fall..."

Certified LabVIEW Associate Developer

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 28
(7,189 Views)

Hi,

If you are using the NI WSN 9792 Gateway, you can reach the WSN Node configuration by doing the following:

1. Expand the 9792

2. Expand the Devices and Interfaces Tab under the 9792

3. You should find an item under Devices and Interfaces titled 'WSN'. Clicking on this will take you to the same configuration window.

The reason that it's in a different place for the WSN 9792 is because the 9792 has a real-time controller on it, and so wsn nodes will show up as 'Devices/Interfaces' to the real-time controller. The 9791 on the other hand, is simply a router, and hence has a tab for WSN nodes. I hope this sheds some clarity on the difference.

Capture.PNG

Sanjay C.
Embedded Software Product Manager| National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 28
(7,169 Views)

I'm afraid the issue does deeper than this. If the software is not correctly installed on the programmable gateway, then the WSN does not appear under devices and interfaces. The WSN software was listed as installed on the target. I finagled with the software installation and somehow got the WSN to appear as a device, but I do not remember exactly how I did this.

To recreate the problem, I suggest formatting the target and starting with a blank installation.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 28
(7,164 Views)