Wireless Sensor Networks

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WSN and TPC

Solved!
Go to solution

These wireless sensors are great and now I'm trying to find different application uses for them. Is is possible to get the sensors to work with Touch Panels... more specifically the TPC 2106

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(8,725 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author JChec

Hi JChec,

I am glad you like the new WSN measurement nodes!

Yes, you can access the WSN I/O on a TCP. The I/O variables that are used to read/write I/O are supported on Windows CE and Windows XPe.

The only thing that probably won't work on Windows CE are the WSN Host VIs, which are used to send/receive string-based user messages. If you need support for this or other advanced LabVIEW features, the newer TPCs running XPe pretty much offer full desktop LabVIEW support.

What are you using the WSN nodes for currently?

Kurt 

Message 2 of 5
(8,723 Views)

Hi Kurt,

Thanks for the informative response and sorry for my delayed reply. I'm not using them in a current application, just been testing them out and trying to find out any interesting applications for them. Wanted to know about the Touch Panels to see what options I'd have for future applications.

Jevon

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(8,700 Views)

Hey Jevon,

Do you have any potential applications these can be used in?  Can you share any information?

Let us know if you have any questions!

Kevin

National Instruments
WSN/Wireless DAQ Product Support Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(8,694 Views)

Hi Kevin,

Haven't used them in any systems yet, just been using them to try work out some possible applications for them. Production line throughput monitoring is the only useful application we think of at the moment. The sampling rate is quite slow on the non programmable analog input though, but the according to the datasheet, the programable 3202 can get up to 35HZ which for most counting applicationsshould be sufficient.

Thanks,

Jevon

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(8,687 Views)