Wireless Sensor Networks

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WSN 1.2 NI 9792 Security: Initial Setup? Default Username and Password?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

With NI WSN 1.1, using a 9792, I can click the Set Permissions button and if none had been set it would simply ask me for a new administrator password.  Now, with NI WSN 1.2, when I click on the Set Permissions button it takes me to the 9792's web interface and says "Either no one is logged in or you do not have permissions to view/edit users, groups, and permissions."  When I click the Login button, a box pops up and asks me for both a username and password.  I scoured the release notes, help files, and the internet and it seems there is NO documentation on how to setup the very first username/password combination nor does it state what default username/password combination there might be.  I also tried a brand new 9792 straight out of the box and loaded 1.2 on it and it has the same issue.  Is there something obvious that I'm missing?  How does someone initially set up security on the 9792?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(7,061 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Garrett Cook

Hello Garrett,

Thanks for your post! 

It looks like you are needing information on how to find out the log in information of your 9792. When using NI-WSN 1.1 we allowed users to set the initial password and this is still the case for the 9791. The 9792 is a NI-WSN node gateway as well as a LabVIEW Real Time target. Its default log in information can either be found in a Knowledge Base (KB) the LabVIEW help or MAX help. Are you using LabVIEW 2009 SP1 or LabVIEW 2010?

The default user name and password is the following:

username: admin

password: <blank>

KB

Default Username and Password to Log into a Real-Time Controller

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/14D8257A7724BE85862577F90071B73F

LabVIEW Help

Start >> All Programs >> National Instruments >> LabVIEW xx >> LabVIEW help

then go to .. Fundamentasl >> Working with Prjects and Targets >> How-To >> Monitoring and Configuring a Remote Device from a Web Browser

MAX Help

Open MAX >> Help >> MAX Help (can also press F1 in MAX if open)

then go to .. MAX Remote Systems Help >> LabVIEW Real-Time Target Configuration >> Device Configuration >> Logging into your System 

The LabVIEW help link above is called out in the 9792 getting started guide under Related Documentation that directs you to the LabVIEW help.

NI Wireless Sensor Network Getting Started Guide

http://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/372781c.pdf

Is this the information that you were looking for? Please indicate if there is anything else we can do. 

Cheers

Corby 

WSN R & D PSE

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(7,057 Views)

Yes that is the information I needed.  I did a websearch for "ni wsn 9792 default username password" which didn't turn up anything; I didn't think to lookup LabVIEW help.  I am using the LabVIEW 2009 Project Explorer only to set up the node sample rate and then using Lookout to display the data.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(7,028 Views)