From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Wireless Sensor Networks

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using a custom firmware on multiple nodes

Hi everyone,

I'm using custom firmware on my wsn-3226 nodes. I would like to use the same firmware on many nodes, but I think that if I send the .pkg file on all nodes, they will all update their data to the same variable since in the sample state we need to assign a variable to each channel output.

Is there a way to assign a variable that will "know" on witch node it is running. This will permit to create only one firmware and deploy it on all my nodes instead of creating (or modifying) a dozen of firmwares.

Thank you

Matt

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,634 Views)

Yes there is! Instead of dragging and dropping the variable you want to write to, use the Write Variable vi that is found under Data Communication >> Shared Variable. Then for shared variable refnum in use the path "ni.var.psp://localhost/localnode/AI0" without the quotes and change AI0 to whatever cannel you want to send. If you want to send user defined variables just use User0-User9 for the corresponding UDV, do not use the custom name you gave them. 

Brian A

R & D Product Support Engineer | WSN/Network DAQ/Academic

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(5,624 Views)

Hi MaLac,

Why are you concerned about deploying the same firmware to all the WSN-3226? Won't all your nodes acquire from the same 4 AI channels? Here is a KB that explains how to send the image to multiple nodes, in case you haven't found it yet. How do I programmatically deploy a WSN application image to multiple WSN nodes?

Regards,
Daniel REDS
RF Systems Engineer

Help us grow.
If a post solves your question, mark it as The Solution.
If a post helps, give Kudos to it.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(5,622 Views)

Hi everyone,

Thank you for your answers.

I'm sorry, I asked the question before testing it. I was confuse because if I open the vi under an other node the variables are not OK, but if I deploy the pkg file, the variables are adjusted to the right nodes.

Thank you again.

Matt

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(5,617 Views)