Wireless Sensor Networks

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using NI-4431 to find the distance of an aboject

Hello, Tunmac!

First, the "Data Max" input I believe you're referring to is requesting the maximum value you expect to see from your input. For example, 2mA. Likewise, your "Min" will be the minimum value you'd expect.

Second, your AI/AO questions. You can use all of the example I sent, although if you're not using an external trigger you may want to use the second example (see my previous message).

In concept, you'll want to have one AO task to generate your signals through your speaker. You'll then want one AI task to measure the input from your microphone, which will have a delay from your generated signal. To compare this delay to the original output signal, you will need to create another AI task to dierctly measure the AO signal as it is generated (pre-delay). This will tell you the actual point at which the signal is emitted from your speaker, and you can compare the timing of those data points to the timing of the delayed signal received by your microphone.

Here's a basic (and crude) visual of the hardware setup I envision for you:

Basic Setup.png

I'm hoping this helps to clarify, but let us know what further questions you have.

Will Hilzinger | Switch Product Support Engineer | National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 21 of 22
(3,054 Views)

Hey  I know it has been a long while since I contacted yuou. here in the exmplae you sent are you talking about generating a ping thought the NI 4433 device?

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 22
(2,952 Views)