Wireless Sensor Networks

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storing of sensor data at out of range condition of WSN 3202 nodes

Hi,

Can anyone tell me whether it is possible or not that I want to store the sensor data to WSN 3202 node for some time when the node is out of range and when it again comes into range it will transmit those stored data to gateway. Precisely if I want to shift one WSN3202 node with 4 sensors from one place to other such a place which is not in wireless range of the gateway. But the shifting is not permanent rather temporary. So I don't want to use a router. What I want to do that at the out of range position want to measure some value by sensors and want to store those values in the node itself. Again want to shift the node in range and then want to transmit those data to the gateway. The maximum limit of out of range data storing may be five. Is it a possible idea? Can it be done?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(5,678 Views)

Hi LSG,

Yes this can be done but requires programable nodes and the LabVIEW WSN Module.

You can create custom firmware using the LabVIEW WSN Module that starts storing data when the network status changes and then sends the stored data once it detects the network is back. Bellow is a link to a comunity example that demonstrates buffering data on the node.

Buffering Data on WSN Nodes

Cheers,

Brian A

R & D Product Support Engineer | WSN/Network DAQ

National Instruments 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(5,637 Views)