Wireless Sensor Networks

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI-WSN node programming bricks a node

Hello!

I'm experimenting with WSN starter kit. The kit has been wonderfull and easy to use, but I've encountered some problems when programming wsn nodes for the first time.

I'm using LabVIEW 2009 sp1 with sp1 wsn module pioneer, and using ni-wsn drivers provided with starter kit (v.1.0.2).

At first I got 'emdebbed application is out of date, would you like to build it?'-error when building project, and after clicking ok and trying to deploy the program to the node I got 'application deployment error'.

I figured I was running with old drivers, so I downloaded and upgraded the drivers to the 1.2.0 version.

Then I upgraded device firmware, first the gateway and then 3212 node. Update was successfull and everything worked fine. Then I tried to program the 3212 node.

Everything went fine without any errors, and deployment went all the way to the 100%. Node turned itself off, but never rebooted. The node is now completely bricked, no led activity, no radio activity, pressing reset does nothing no matter how long I push it. Tried taking off the batteries for few hours, and tried external power supply in case batteries were worn out.

I wonder what went wrong?

Thanks!

-Aki

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(6,172 Views)

Hey AkiH,

Please send me an email at kevin.harwood@ni.com, and I will make sure we figure out what is going on.

Thanks!

Kevin

National Instruments
WSN/Wireless DAQ Product Support Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(6,151 Views)

The issue discussed in the forum has been resolved by the latest NI-WSN 1.2.1 driver and NI-WSN bootloader update utility

Nodes in the field can be updated using the bootloader update utility to avoid the problem. This applies a new bootloader to the nodes that prevents the node from becoming bricked. All nodes manufactured at this time have the bootloader fix applied to them in manufacturing. 

Thanks!

Corby

WSN R & D Product Support Engineer

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(5,559 Views)