Wireless Sensor Networks

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to build an on-off tempreature controller to send to one of WSN nodes ?

I have the WSN packet for my SDP I want of prgrame one of the nodes to recive a logic order to see if the tempreature exceed certain limit on the Ac switch While it is below that certain level off the switch ... (of course that# depending on the tempreature sensor the packet has and i have already programe it on the labview to sence the temperature and it does work ... hopefully my question is clear 😄 << wating yr quik response ,,,

thanx

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(5,940 Views)

Hi Eman sa3d,

What version of LabVIEW are you working with and what WSN nodes?

I ask because sending user messages has gotten a lot easier in WSN 1.3 and the new WSN Module for LabVIEW 2011.

Have a great day,

Chris V

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(5,935 Views)

I'm Using LV version 2010 ...And for the WSN I think what I'm using is called NI 9792 ...??

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(5,927 Views)
sorry 4 that.... YES I
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(5,925 Views)

sorry 4 that...yes I checked it's WSN 130..So now how I can programe it to send an order to the node to check if the temp..below of greater than certain temp..to on of off the AC ??

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(5,920 Views)

Hi Eman sa3d,

If you are using LabVIEW 2010, it will be a little more difficult.  You will need to program the node to use one of the existing IO variables to send your message.  I sounds like you only need to send a boolean, so I would recommend "hijacking" one of those lines to send your message.

Check out this example which sends average data back over the analog variables: https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-6124

In your case, from the host you simply need to write to a designated digital line on the module, and then on the node you need to read that digital message and make decisions based upon its value.

Have a great day,

Chris V

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(5,915 Views)

ok now I have LV 2011 ...can you explan to me how to make it ?!

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(5,911 Views)