From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Wireless Sensor Networks

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Analog Node samples once every 5 secs and transmits straightaway- How do I know data has arrived at the gateway ?

Hi,

My analog node is set to sample at a certain frequency, say once every 5 seconds. How do I know that the data has arrived at the gateway from the VI on my computer ? Is there an event listener for incoming data ? Really appreciate if someone can enlighten me on this.  Thank you very much !

Regards,

Xinke 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,802 Views)

Hello Xinke

Thank you for your post, please correct me if I have misunderstood but from your description it sounds like you are looking to detect that the data is being transferred correctly from your device to the PC.

In the LabVIEW example finder there is a section on DAQmx events under the hardware heading, I recommend that you look here, the title of the example is Acq&Graph Voltage-Int Clk-EveryN&DoneEvent, I also recommend that you play with this vi to see how you can use the events with DAQmx.

Another way to check that your task is functioning correctly would be to create a Boolean indicator for the error status, I have created a small section of code that illustrates this.

If you have any further questions, please get in touch.

Regards

Stephanie L
Applications Engineer
National Instruments UK and Ireland
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(5,791 Views)

Hi Stephanie,

You have misunderstood me. I am actually asking how do I know when there is an incoming tranmission from the NI WSN 3212 node to the NI WSN 9791 ?

I have programmed the 3212 node to transmit at 5secs interval to the gateway. (The gateway is connected to a PC.) How does the VI on the PC detect that there is an incoming transmission ? Thank you.

Regards.

Xinke

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(5,789 Views)

Hello Xinke

Would it be possible for you to send me your code so that I can see how you are implementing your functionality, I can then make some suggestions on how to implement some code which will detect the input signal. When you attach your vi, please include any referenced vi's, libraries and controls so that I can run your code.

Regards

Stephanie L
Applications Engineer
National Instruments UK and Ireland
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(5,787 Views)