Wireless Sensor Networks

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Acquire data with the gateway, and other suggestions...

Hi everyone,

I think it's impossible for the moment, but I think it would be a great addition if we could acquire data directly with the gateway. Since it have to be on site anyway, I think it would be very useful if the gateway had a couple analog inputs. On the majority of the projects that I have done, the gateways are powered by a solar panel and a battery, I had to place a node near the gateway just to monitor the battery, losing one channel that could have had better use. It could also be nice if the nodes and the gateway could monitor their temperature. In my applications I often need external temperature so I place a RTD just beside the node. I notice that there is a port for "future use" in my 3226, so maybe something similar would be possible soon.

I don't know if this is the right place for suggestions of this kind, but I think it would be nice to hear the opinion of other users of the WSN.

Have a nice day

Matt

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(5,329 Views)

Hi Matt,

Thanks for the suggestion. We currently sell the NI 9795 C series WSN Gateway. You can use this to turn a cRIO into a WSN gateway. This allows you to take measurements locally with the cRIO and c series modules and also expand the IO with distributed WSN nodes. 

Cheers,

Brian A

R & D Product Support Engineer | WSN/Network DAQ/Academic

National Instruments 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(5,325 Views)