Western NY LabVIEW User Group

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why am I here?

I reside North of Boston, MA; but I am originally from Jamestown, NY.  I joined to learn more about how LabVIEW is used "back home".

I've been using LabVIEW for about 10 years, and I contribute occasionally on the NI and LAVA forums.

I still use the word 'pop' when asking for a Pepsi, and try really hard to say "why?" and not "how come?"

Why are YOU here?

Now is the right time to use %^<%Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%S%3uZ>T
If you don't hate time zones, you're not a real programmer.

"You are what you don't automate"
Inplaceness is synonymous with insidiousness

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(10,333 Views)

I'm here because I started and own this group for our Western NY (and Northeast ) LabVIEW developers.

I'm LabVIEW Mac 2.5 vintage and currently act as one of the four NI field guys for WNY.

Scott Rogers
Sr. DSM
Western NY
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(6,226 Views)

Hello !

I am Buffalo born and raised, a UB graduate in electrical engineering.

Since first using Labview back in school, I am fairly new to the NI scene in my professional career.

I have recently been to several NI 'user' seminars, and taken formal training on Labview "Basics I & II" and "Real-Time"

My experience (10 years) is based in Process Automation and Controls in a manufacturing environment.

At this time I am actively seeking new employment, and very interested in finding an opportunity to utilize NI hardware and Labview.

One of the reasons I am here is to find out what Buffalo / Western NY companies are using NI Labview and what they are doing with it.

http://www.linkedin.com/in/jamesrathmann

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(6,226 Views)

I'm here because I attended the hands-on classes on Tuesday 6/9/09 here in buffalo and was told of this group.

I have had to reverse engineer the labview programs we have at our company to even begin to learn labview. So any help I can get is much appreciated as i need it.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(6,226 Views)