Western NY LabVIEW User Group

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data acquisition through multiple channels of DAQ-USB-6009

Hello, I am using NI-USB-DAQ-6009 and four microphones connected to analog input channels of DAQ.I want to save microphone data as .wav file using Labview 2013.Can anybody please help how to save the data through multiple channels as separate .wav files ?

Message 1 of 4
(7,961 Views)

Acquire the data simultaneously. This will produce a 1-D array of 4 waveforms (or a 2-D array of numbers, depending how you do it). Then split the data into 4 separate channels prior to passing it into the Sound File Write Simple vi. You can do this by putting the vi in a four loop, and allowing the data to be indexed as it enters. If you need more than a simple finite acquisition, you should use the Sound File Open/Write/Close vis so you can write continously to the channel specific files as long as you are still recording. This is a little more complicated, but not difficult.

Chris

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(7,290 Views)

I saw an example which was saving the data from all channels combined into a single .wav file ,I don't know how to split that data into four channels ?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(7,290 Views)

Either use Index Array or allow it to auto-index as it enters a for (four? ha!) loop to divide the data up by channels. It would be easier to provide suggestions if you posted a picture of your code.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(7,290 Views)