From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Volume License Manager and Automated Software Installation

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

vlm 3.0 LabVIEW 2012 SP1 disabled in Installer

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello folks,

i have a Problem with die build Installer with my new updatet vlm 3.0.

I already get the the new license file for vlm 3.0 and installed it, then i made the installer for

LabVIEW 2012 SP1 like i have done it with the previous versions of LabVIEW 2009 2010 2011

In the produkt list of the installer LabVIEW and the DriverDVD is disabled by default (see Screenshot).

Bild3.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(10,223 Views)

Hi heiner.

I have no exact idea what the problem is.

Is it that the default value of LV and the device driver are disable or is the issue that you can't change it to enable?

best regards

Bernhard Rennhofer

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(10,192 Views)

Now I understand. You use a network license.

So when you start the installation of LV Development you can use your license to check up and automatic mark which components you can install.

If the network license don't include a license für LabVIEW, the default value for LabVIEW is disabled.

In this case, check your network license that it should contain the license for LabVIEW.

best regards

Bernhard Rennhofer

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(10,189 Views)

Hi,

i can enable LabVIEW and the DriverDVD to install and all works fine, but as default LabVIEW and the DriverDVD is disabled as shown in the screenshot.

So that looks very poor for the users 😞

[Edit]

I think licenses are not the Problem. On the Server we have 1 Dev Suit, 1 Pro and 9 Full Dev Labview licenses.

when i start LabVIEW after installation, he is getting a licence from the server and it works.

[/Edit]

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(10,188 Views)

Today i was looking on the server and i have seen that the licenses are LabVIEW 2012 licenses.

I want to install LabVIEW 2012 SP1.

So that's normal, i think i have to wait until i get the new license file for the new version. Robot Mad

Thanks BRennhofer for this idea.

I will report here.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(10,172 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author heiner1

Hi,

now i have the new license file and it works. Yeah.

The DriverDVD is still disabled, but that's OK.

Unbenannt.JPG

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(10,149 Views)