Volume License Manager and Automated Software Installation

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

reports available for disconnected licenses

I am using NI VLM 3.1.  All my licenses are disconnected.  Even my 'server' is not on a network.  Is is possible to generate a report that shows me all the licenses residing on each computer?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(6,954 Views)

Hi faustina,

Unfortunately, there isn't a report that does exactly what you're looking for.  The easiest way to see all this information would be to navigate to the Users tab or the Computers tab and expand the users to see all their permissions.  You could also create a report specifying how many seats of each software are assigned out, but this would not display which users they are assigned to.  Can I ask what you're trying to accomplish overall?

Thank you,

Myriam

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(6,946 Views)

I've just inherited responsibility for maintaining licenses for all our National Instruments software, basically LabVIEW and DIAdem.  For security reasons, no one is connected to a network.  So even things like Service and License File expiration dates are don't seem to be updated.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(6,941 Views)

I'm trying to figure out what tools would be usable considering everything is disconnected.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(6,938 Views)

hello faustina,

the disconnected licenses were created through the NI Volume License Manager. In order to create the licenses, a specific user/computer name had to be specified, and the record should be available in NI VLM. even though, NI VLM is not connected to the network, it was still used to generate the license files and maintains records of who the files were generated for in the users or computers tab. the link below is a great getting started guide for using NI VLM. 

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/C091422B3A32A2C486256FEF007134F9

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(6,926 Views)