Volume License Manager and Automated Software Installation

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volume License Installer does not select LabVIEW 2014 to be installed

Solved!
Go to solution

Having created a volume license installer of LabVIEW 2014 in VLM 3.1, I ran into a strange behaviour in the installer:

Even though I chose to skip all the LabWindows stuff and only include LabVIEW 2014 and the extra modules that we have a license for when I created the installer - the installer itself, when run, only has LabWindows-stuff pre-selected for installation when you get to the modules selection part...All the parts that were actually included in the installer are unselected(!).

I can always try to rebuild the installer all over again, but perhaps this is a known issue and/or has a fix (I guess I can edit some of the files in the installer to tell it which parts it should choose by default, but is that not dynamically linked to the license available on the server now, so the installer should detect that we have indeed a LabVIEW 2014 licens, and thus select it for installation?).

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(7,058 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mads

Seems like the license was not fully ready for 2014 even though its name said 2014...Got a new one from NI and it is working fine.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(7,047 Views)