Volume License Manager and Automated Software Installation

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The requested operation requires TCP/IP to be installed.

Trying to start license server (VLM 2.0) on win2008 server. Clicking on "Start License Server" gives the message "The requested operation requires TCP/IP to be installed."

The computer has network connection with static IP (IPv4).

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(11,053 Views)
I apologize, but at this point VLM is not supported on Windows Server 2008.  You can try using the newest version, VLM 2.1.1, but it's not officially supported at this point.  You can see the download page for VLM 2.1.1
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(10,972 Views)

Hello Mark,

are they any plans to make VLM supported on Windows Server 2008?

Greg

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(10,204 Views)

Hi Greg,

Windows 2008 support is on our feature list for the next version of VLM 3.0. However, we cannot guarantee Windows 2008 support will make it in the final product.

Cheers,

David Goldberg
National Instruments
Software R&D
Message 4 of 6
(10,198 Views)

Hi Greg,

NI VLm 3.0 is now available and supported by Windows 7; Windows Server 2003 R2 (32-bit); Windows XP x86; Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008 R2 (64-bit)

Cheers,

Stefan

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(8,727 Views)

hi,

I am trying to install a new license for Signal Express through NI License Manager and getting the "requested operation requires TCP/IP to be installed" error. I am running Windows 7 enterprise SP1 and NI license manager 3.5. I have tried reinstalling TCP/IPv4 on my Local Area Network to no success. Do you know what the issue may be?

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(8,104 Views)