From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Volume License Manager and Automated Software Installation

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starting LabVIEW using a specific user / license

Hi,

I'm trying to set up a Jenkins Build server but I'm facing a licensing problem. LabVIEW can not find a valid license when started by Jenkins.

Neither a license directly from the server nor a disconnected license we created especially to try.

I have tried to start the Jenkins service with my user credentials, but this does not improve the situation.

Is there a possiblity to start LabVIEW within a specific user context? Sth like LabVIEW.exe -user:JohnDoe to enable correct license retrieval?

Cheers

Oli

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(6,264 Views)

Hi Oli_Wachno,

maybe this presentation or the following Getting Started will help you with your Jenkins issue.

Community: NI Week Continuous Integration with Jenkins and LabVIEW Presentation - National Instrumen...

Community: LabVIEW & Jenkins Batch File Build Process - Getting Started - National Instruments https...

Best wishes

Tenshinhan

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Work with NI Hard- and Software for about 15 years now.

Certified LabVIEW Developer & TestStand Developer/Architect

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(6,250 Views)

Hi Tenshinhan,

thanks for the reply.

I'm already active in the threads, you've referred to. They led me into this particular forum

Oli

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(6,247 Views)

So to answer your question, it is not possible to change the license by a specific LabVIEW Call.

The licenses are stored in the license manager or an Volume license server.

There they can be activated. 

Normally you will use a computer based license if several users are using LabVIEW on the same machine.

Work with NI Hard- and Software for about 15 years now.

Certified LabVIEW Developer & TestStand Developer/Architect

There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(6,245 Views)