From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Volume License Manager and Automated Software Installation

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Silent Install with LabVIEW Fall 2011 Academic Site Licence

We have an academic site licence for LabVIEW and I'm trying to create a silent install for the Fall 2011 release. I'm running in to problems where I get prompted to swap disks.

I've read this knowledbase article on "automating the installation of a suited installer". I have copied the contents of disk one to C:\NI\ASLFL2011CORE1 and then run setup /generatespecfile C:\NI through a command window which has created an nisuite.xml file in C:\NI. When I run setup /applyspecfile C:\NI it correctly remembers which options I've picked and I can press next through the installer. When it starts to install, as soon as it's done with LabVIEW itself, it prompts me to insert disk two. This is the biggest issue I'm having.

Disk two has had the contents of it copied to C:\NI\ASLFL2011CORE2 as this and this forum posts indicate that as long as the DVD1 and DVD2 folders are in the same parent folder then there should be no prompt. Except... I do get prompted.

In case I misunderstood what was said, I also tried copying the contents of disk one and disk two into a combined folder and then creating a new spec file on it, but it made no difference, still prompted me for disk two.

Am I doing something wrong? Is it possible to install this particular version of LabVIEW with a spec file or do I have to use a VLM installation? It would be really convenient if I could have a single nisuite.xml file that remembers installation options and the licence code and can be called from a batch file that installs all the other software that we use in the labs.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(6,187 Views)

Hi Biggles 266,

You could try using the "/q" and "/acceptlicenses yes" switches as detailed in the KB and see if it installs without prompting.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(6,116 Views)