Volume License Manager and Automated Software Installation

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network Installer doesn't include "Common" directory

We are using NI VLM 2.1.1 and we created network installers as usual but since Fall 2011 distribution we got the following problem: when users try to install the package (Labview, diadem, etc) they get an error message telling "the installer seems to be copied from a larger installer, and is missing the "...\Common\Products\" directory. To get more information, visit ni.com/info and enter the Info Code "exazb9"."

We found that if you simply copy the \Common\Products manually from DVD to the root of the network installer that you generated would fix it.

Would it be a problem Volume Installer creator in VLM 2.1.1?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(9,904 Views)

Hi Franzin,

When you create the network installer you follow the instructions in the following knowladgebase article?

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/FFB8BE95AE72EF4D862573E5007659ED

Because the procedure to create it with VLM 2.1 and privous is one and to create for VLM 2.1.1 and later is other. The two procedures are little different but this diferrence can cause this error.

Best regards,

Abel Souza

Applications Engineering

NI Brazil

Abel Souza
Engenheiro Eletrônico
LabVIEW User since 8.5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(9,893 Views)

Hello Abel,

Could you point exactly where the difference between VLM versions matters for this question?

We thought that the file structure change on most recent Academic Distribution's DVD is the cause.

Renato

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(9,890 Views)

The old procedure has steps 1 2 and 5 of the article I pass to you, so you have 2 more steps.

Really the DVD structure change, now software setup is under distributions, but I do not think it is a problem. Can you try recreate the installers using the procedure on the article?

Regards,

Abel Souza

Applications Engineering

NI Brazil

Abel Souza
Engenheiro Eletrônico
LabVIEW User since 8.5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(9,887 Views)

Hello Abel,

To be sure we did the procedure again (http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/FFB8BE95AE72EF4D862573E5007659ED) with same result: the installer we created does not work, it says there are missing files. We tried to create an installer for DIAdem (Fall 2011) and we found "Common" directory is missing at installer's root directory level.

We use to build installers with VLM 2.1.1 for a long time and this problem started just after Spring 2011 Distrib (when directory structure has changed).

Could you repeat the test at your lab?

Renato

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(9,882 Views)

I repeat the test on my LAB, but I didn´t receive this error message.

Abel Souza
Engenheiro Eletrônico
LabVIEW User since 8.5
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(9,871 Views)

You mean you got no error during network installer creation?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(9,868 Views)

My installers were created with sucess

Abel Souza
Engenheiro Eletrônico
LabVIEW User since 8.5
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(9,865 Views)

Abel,

We also don't get problems during installer creation on VLM 2.1.1 but during installer execution on client machines.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(9,862 Views)

I am also getting the same error, during the installation (PID toolkit). The code exazb9 is the same and do not exist in ni.com/info. I belong to the same institution as Franzolin.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(9,638 Views)