From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Volume License Manager and Automated Software Installation

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

National Instruments VERY SLOW DOWNLOAD SPEED

Hello Everyone at NI,

I've been downloading an 18GB of Academic Site products using the Web-based installer for the last 48 hours, and I am still at 55% despite my 25mbps connection. I've checked my internet connection, nothing is sapping the speed up, it is just that the download using this Web-based Installer (and any NI Installer) is extremely slow for some reason.

I want a mirror to be able to download, because spending 5 days just downloading NI stuff is quite an impracticality. Where can I find mirrors for LabVIEW 2014 (x64), Multisim 13 (x64)?

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 29
(13,606 Views)

What country are you in? Do you have anything weird (e.g. proxy or VPN) configured?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 29
(13,602 Views)
Hey altenbach,

I am in Qatar. I have a direct connection to the Internet. No VPNs nor Proxies.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 29
(13,598 Views)

Just trying to find out if the problem is at NI or somewhere in-between. Connecting from Qatar to Texas involves quite a few parties in-between.

Is your speed to other US sites faster?

National Instruments does use bandwidth management, but I don't know how the policies depend in the location of the client.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 29
(13,590 Views)
It is much much faster to other US websites. Around 40 times faster.

I've been patient and I waited for more than 60 hours, and it reached 100%...and kept counting above it? It reached 102% and didn't seem to know where to stop.

I ended up restarting that web-based installer and it resumed from ~7% instead of 100%.

I'd appreciate just a mirror that would have a decent speed. Any ideas?
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 29
(13,570 Views)

Officially there are two downloads the NI provides for each piece of software, an official NI Downloader and the standard download.

Does the problem persist when you try both of these links?

Ryan

Applications Engineer 

Ryan
Group Manager
FlexLogger
NI R&D
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 29
(13,553 Views)
Both are very slow. The standard could be a bit faster sometimes, but they are extremely slow. It takes around 5~6 hours to download NI Elvis package using the standard Downloader . (around 1.8gb?). I was not able to find a direct download link without any Downloaders.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 29
(13,493 Views)

Hi Zushauque,

1. Have you always had issues downloading NI Software?
  2. Can you provide a link to the Web Based Installer that you are using
  3. Did you mention that you want to download and install LabVIEW 2014 (x64), Multisim 13 (x64)?

We only keep the latest version of software on our web (e.g LabVIEW 2015 SP1). If you like to access the earlier versions, please register your SN at your MyNI account. You can also order a DVD to install these software.

As a test, please go to ni.com/download and try installing a very small installer. You can try NI Update Service 15.0 (http://www.ni.com/download/ni-update-service-15.0/2617/en/). Please use the NI Downloader option (NIUS1500_downloader.exe) for a better experience. 

Let me know how it goes.

National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 29
(13,486 Views)

Hi, I'am located i Denmark - and having the same problem.

I have a 100/100 mbps connection and no problems using ex. Microsoft download.

Currently I am trying to download a Developer Suite - disk1 is 7Gb - the 'downloader' tells me 7 hours.

Just for fun i started a download from Mircrosoft - VS ent. 2015 - 7.4Gb - Downloaded in 10 minutes.

/please do something

regards

Sten Andersen

Message 9 of 29
(12,603 Views)

Hey Sten,

I would recommend creating your own post for your issue, and referencing this one in it.  That way you will get a new request that is tailored to you.

Regards,

Ryan Z

Ryan
Group Manager
FlexLogger
NI R&D
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 29
(12,563 Views)