Volume License Manager and Automated Software Installation

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NXG and VLM

How does NXG 1.0 and VLM work together? Not patient enough to wait for the SSP-package in the mail, I downloaded the 2017 System suite (2017 platform download not available yet?) and created a VLM installer from it, but NXG did not seem to be part of it (?) so I downloaded that separately.

The NXG download comes in a slightly different packaging though (you can even get is as a NI Package as far as I can see...so how does that tie in with VLM? I'm sure its fully doable, but it seems there is lack a documentation on how the changes coming with NXG affects the process / is supposed to be handled.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(4,175 Views)

I am excited to hear about your interest in LabVIEW NXG and wanting to try it out.

Currently to use LabVIEW NXG with the Volume License Installer you will need to wait for the media to arrive.  The media will include the ability to install LabVIEW NXG like any other program. 

As you have seen, downloading LabVIEW NXG is delivered through the new NI Package Manager which does not currently interface with the Volume License Installer.  While it is possible to download LabVIEW NXG on each of your end-users machines, this may prove cumbersome if you have several end-users.  In addition, you would need to re-direct the end-users to use the VLM for their license after install.

Future releases of our software are planned to be compatible in a volume-like installation option.  Thank you for your interest in NXG and as we find easier ways to install the software, we will be sure to let you know.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(4,150 Views)