From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Volume License Manager and Automated Software Installation

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI Update Service - NI R Series Multifunction RIO 14.5.1 Patch - Corrupt

I installed Service Pack 1 (SP1) for LabVIEW 2014 and RT and FPGA modules. A number of drivers were also updated. Problems occurred when the NI Update Service tried to download the NI R Series Multifunction RIO 14.5.1 Patch. The download fails with a message stating that the update is corrupt.

I manually downloaded the patch from the web site at: http://www.ni.com/download/ni-rio-14.5/5233/en/ and installed, but NI Update Service does not detect the newer version and still lists the patch.

This could be a problem on my Windows 7 PC, but every other file (service packs, drivers, Xlinix compilers, etc.) has installed correctly and been detected by NI Update Service. This leads me to think the file on the server may be corrupt.

Thought you may like to know.

David C
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(7,666 Views)

David,

After you downloaded the 14.5.1 patch from our websidte, do you see NI R Series Multifunction RIO 14.5.1 show up in NI MAX?

Thanks for the info though, I'll try to use the update service for that upgrade on some computer around here and see if the same thing happens to me.

Matt J | National Instruments | CLA
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(7,650 Views)

Hey David,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We republished the download and tested it on thursday and believe the download is working correctly. Please let us know if this is not the case. 

Kyle Hartley
Senior Embedded Software Engineer

Message 3 of 8
(7,642 Views)

Hi Kyle,

I was able to download and install the patch with the NI Update Service this afternoon (6 April). 

To answer Matt's question; I do not see the new version number in MAX. Here is a screen shot showing version 14.5.0. I guess I would exepect to see 14.5.1:

MAX.png

David C
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(7,633 Views)

Hey David,

This is a common misconception. The numbers reporting in MAX are the runtime engine versions for CompactRIO and R Series Support. The patch fixed the issue in the development files. 

You can verify the patch is installed by creating a techical support report from within max and an entry will say NI R Series Multifunction RIO 14.5.1.

Kyle Hartley

Message 5 of 8
(7,628 Views)

Hi Kyle,

I am not going to worry about it too much. This is an FYI as much as anything else. I did run the report and there are 2 entries for the 'NI R Series Multifunction RIO'. Neither one shows the .1 version number. One entry shows 14.5, the other 14.5.0. (see below). As I said, this is not an issue and I have no doubt we both have other tasks to do. Just though you may like to know. Thanks for responding.

• NI R Series Multifunction RIO 14.5
  • NI R Series Multifunction RIO 14.5.0 Support for National Instruments R Series Multifunction RIO products C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\R Series
David C
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(7,614 Views)

Hey David,

Sorry my instructions weren't as clear as they should have been.

Once you've created the report open the InstallationSummaryLog.xml file. The file is arranged by date/time order for installations and you should see the last software installed at the bottom. There you will see 14.5.1.

Here is a screenshot of my log.

1451.PNG

Kyle Hartley

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(7,594 Views)

Found it. Thanks 🙂

David C
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(7,590 Views)