Volume License Manager and Automated Software Installation

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI License manager does not start; says it's querying for current license status

Solved!
Go to solution

I currently have the evaluation version of Labview. I tried to use a volume license from my university by typing in the server name in NI License Manager, but after that, whenever I try to open the license manager, it looks like it's stuck saying "querying for the current license status" and never actually opens. Also, when I try to open Labview, it freezes during the setup finalization. I realized afterward that students don't have access to the university license for their own PC's, so I can't use that volume license anyway. 

I uninstalled everything having to do with NI on my PC and reinstalled the evaluation version of Labview, but the same problem still exists. Is there anything I could do besides erasing my hard drive? 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(10,699 Views)

Hi amize,

When you say the same problem still exists, is it both the NI License Manager and LabVIEW that are still having the issues? When you open the License Manager and it is not actually opening does that mean you cannot interact with it or the licenses never finish loading in the tree view on the left hand side. If you do have access to the Options menu, open preferences and make sure you have deselected "Use Volume License Servers". At some point, if the windows is not interactive, it should timeout with attempting to make its server connection, especially if you are disconnected from any network connection.

Also, how long do you wait when you open LabVIEW and see the setup screen? Does it just become unresponsive?

If you could follow up with that information it would be much appreciated

Regards,

James W.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(10,687 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author amize

Never mind, it's working now. I was able to go back to a system restore point before the problem started, and that fixed it. What was happening though was the license manager was not able to be interacted with at all, and the same with Labview. Labview would stay on the same intial screen sometime after it got to "Finishing Initialization".  I still have no idea why they froze like that just because I entered a server name in the license manager, but it's ok now.

Thank you for your help though!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(10,679 Views)