From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Volume License Manager and Automated Software Installation

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to administer the license server from a remote computer?

NI VLM and the license server service are running on a license server machine. Company policy prevents me from having admin access to the machine (which seems necessary in order to run NI VLM). Is it possible to administer the license server service from a remote machine? i.e., can I install NI VLM on a machine that is not the license server, but connect to and manage the license server service over the network? I can access the license server via RDP, but without admin access, I can't get very far.

Is there any other way to manage the VLM without admin access to the machine it is running on?

Thanks,

Chris

Message 1 of 2
(6,266 Views)

Hey Chris,

I haven't heard of a case where someone was able to administer licenses via VLM without having administrator access. Is there any possibility of getting administrator access on the license server machine, even if it's through some sort of temporary account?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(6,208 Views)