From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Volume License Manager and Automated Software Installation

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bundle the LabVIEW Platform DVDs and Device Drivers DVD into One Volume License Installer

We are trying to bundle the ASL DVDs into one volume license installer (VLI) as described at knowledge base document ID 4RDAA91O but the directory structure at Spring 2010's NI Device Drivers DVD is completely different (there aren't DCD-MonYr-x folders anymore). Is there any new documentation?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(8,894 Views)

Customer called NI and was explained how he can do this.

Thanks.

Best Regards

Osvaldo Santos
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(8,886 Views)

Hi Osvaldo,

Can you post the solution to this here please?

Thanks,

Vikas

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(8,265 Views)

Please share the solution with us Osvaldo !!

Peter
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(7,945 Views)

As no one has responded I thought I would close the loop on this so that everyone can benefit on the current way to do this.

look at DOC ID: 4Q8HDL1O located here: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/A67783E7861A0509862574DD008083CF

It show how to do this for VLM 3.0 and is what I have used succcessfully many times.

One caveat is that the VLI will weigh in at more than 15GB if you include most common LV pieces and more so if you want all modules and toolkits. I have seen VLI's of 30GB when I wanted a fully loaded system VLI.

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(7,093 Views)