From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Volume License Agreement Community Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error connecting to server when installing LV

I am attempting to manage a labview volume license server.  I have installed VLM 3.1 and transferred the license and a back up of the old server.  I have crated an installer for the client PCs.  When I attempt an installation on a client PC I get an error message stating that the client can not connect to the license server.

I am able to log on to the server remotely and I can ping the server over the network.  I have tried to build the installer on a network drive and on the server PC.  I get the same error message.  I have also tried to build the installer using the server name and the IP address of the server.

Can anyone get me pointed in the right direction?  I am not sure what to do next.

Thanks

Guy

NA
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,317 Views)

Hi Guy,

I had the same problem. I was able to ping the license server and to connect to it with Telnet from the client but if I called the volume license installer built setup.exe, I got the error message that the connection to the license server is not possible.

In the VLM settings no communications port was entered. After entering a communication port (default 4637) and building a new volume license installer, the license server can be accessed from the setup.exe.

Andi

Andi
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,145 Views)