Vision Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ozfarmboy

Vision Examples should include latest Vision functions

Examples were updated to use the newest VDM API calls in 2018.

In Vision Development Module, it seems new functions are being created to replace older versions from time to time. ie: IMAQ Set Calibration Axis Info.vi --> IMAQ Set Calibration Axis Info 2.vi.  This is fine, however, the Vision Examples still use the older versions of these VIs, ie. they don't seem to have been updated also. 

For instance: Using Vision Development Module 2014 SP1, example Simple Calibration.vi.  In this example, the following VIs are being used: IMAQ Setup Match Pattern 2.vi, IMAQ Match Pattern 3.vi, IMAQ Set Calibration Axis Info.vi.  However when you look at the LabVIEW functions pallette, the following VIs are available: IMAQ Learn Pattern 4.vi, IMAQ Match Pattern 4.vi, IMAQ Set Calibration Axis Info 2.vi.

This tends to confuse things.  It would be great if the examples were also updated to use these new functions available

Also, the help files do not seem to differentiate between these older and newer functions.

Christopher Farmer

Certified LabVIEW Architect and LabVIEW Champion
DQMH Trusted Advisor
https://wiredinsoftware.com.au

3 Comments
GregSands
Active Participant

Yes, especially with Pattern Matching where the whole API and usage seems to have changed at least twice in the last 5 years.  As well as including examples which use the new functions, it would be helpful to have examples which show how to update from using the older functions to the newer ones.

tomsze

Yes, this is also true to some Q&A problem solvings on the official website, the updated date is so old that make me feel scary. Am I reading something that old that doesnt apply to my current version of labview, hahah..

Brad
Active Participant
Status changed to: Completed

Examples were updated to use the newest VDM API calls in 2018.