Vision Idea Exchange

About Vision Idea Exchange

Have a Vision Product Idea?
  1. Browse by label or search in the Vision Idea Exchange to see if your idea has previously been submitted. If your idea exists, be sure to vote for the idea by giving it kudos to indicate your approval!
  2. If your idea has not been submitted click New Idea to submit a product idea. Be sure to submit a separate post for each idea.
    Note: Please post technical vision support questions to the Machine Vision forum, not the Vision Idea Exchange.
  3. Watch as the community gives your idea kudos and adds their input.
  4. As Vision R&D considers the idea, they will change the idea status.
    Note: Vision R&D is committed to reviewing every idea posted in the Vision Idea Exchange. However, the implementation of any Vision Idea Exchange submission cannot be guaranteed.
  5. Give kudos to other ideas that you would like to see implemented!
Top Kudoed Authors
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support for U32, I32 and RGB128 Images / Image Type

Current situation:

More and more image sensors do support bit depths of more than 16Bit.

Just two examples: Aptina MT9M034, Omni Vision OV10640

Currently it is not possible to handle image from those sensors within LabVIEW except as a 2D-Array / Matrix.

Using the SGL image type would be possible on the first sight but it has several disadvantages: storing of those image is not possible and a lot of image processing and calculation function do not support SGL.

Improvement:

Add support for the image types U32, I32 and RGB128. Personally I see the priority at U32 and I32 because those types are needed to handle the RAW data from the sensors.

Very important: Do not just add those types to your typedef! There must be a real support from all basic functions!! Basic functions are in my opinion / for my usage: write to file, read from file, all functions in the palettes "Vision Utilites", "Processing", "Filters", "Operators" and the functions "Histogram", "Histograph",  "Line Profile", "ROI Profile", "Linear Averages" and all other statics functions.