Vision Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
X.

Improved Image Zoom Tool

The zoom tool of the image display control is antiquated. Currently (Vision 2016), you select it and then click in the image to zoom by a fixed amount.

Consider upgrading its capabilities to match modern UIs:

- Selecting a rectangular ROI with the zoom tool should zoom to that ROI, i.e., the ROI should be expanded to fill the imag display control.

- support mouse wheel (and touch screen if needed) to act as a zoom in and out no matter which tool is selected.

- support fixed aspect ratio hot key (e.g. Ctrl key): zooming with the above ROI selection while the hot key is pressed will zoom the image to fill the display with the largest (or smallest) dimension of the ROI.

Feel free to add suggestions below.

4 Comments
tomsze

This is just what I want. I dont want to click ten to twenty times to zoom on tiny thing in high resolution image. I want to give you many many kudos too..

sevincom

I totally agree with you and can not understand how this zooming tool has been able to survive until now.

varga.sm

Agreed.  This is one of the functions which immediately turns people off when I'm training them on the software.  It pushes them to believe the rest of the software must be inadequate.

Brad
Active Participant

These are very good ideas. I made an example to illustrate how to accomplish the zoom with the mouse wheel and the ROI, so hopefully these will help make it easier to accomplish what you want. Image Display Zoom Example

Thanks for the feedback and keep it coming. Incidentally, the zoom wheel feature is built into the Image Display control in NXG, so you can also check that out as well.

Brad