VirtualBench

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

virtual bench "system error" Sequence contains no matching element

We have not had that particular error message show up any more. It disapperaed as quickly as it arose.

Now for a new question. : Is it possible to use the arbitrary waveform memory to output sequences on the digital ports? We can do it programatically, but that limits the bandwidth.

Regards

Harry

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 17
(3,866 Views)

No. The arbitrary waveform generator can only output through the "FGEN" BNC connector.

——
Brandon Streiff
ni.com/compactdaq · ni.com/daq
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 17
(3,856 Views)

Thanks,

Is there any way to get data out on the digital ports more quickly than uploading a sample at a time through the interface?

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 17
(3,850 Views)

No, the Digital I/O port is implemented as static digital. It's a sample at a time; there's no hardware timing.

What are you trying to accomplish?

——
Brandon Streiff
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 17
(3,848 Views)

We are trying to have our students build a simple r/2r dac using that port as the digital source.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 17
(3,845 Views)

Hmm. Yeah, without hardware timing, you're limited to how quickly you can send new samples to the device. With a quick test of 'write new samples in a loop', I can get about 660 Hz with a VirtualBench on USB and about 440 Hz over wireless, although that's going to vary with a lot of factors (bus latency, processing latency on the host computer, etc). That still should be enough to demonstrate how a R/2R DAC functions, but the things you could do with a slow DAC are limited.

I've made a note of this use case for possible future product improvements. Thank you for the feedback!

——
Brandon Streiff
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 17
(3,815 Views)

Thanks. Let me know if we can help. We would be glad to beta it if need be, and we have been writing a lot of LabVIEW for vb.

Regards

Harry

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 17
(3,811 Views)