VirtualBench

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPad VirtualBench app Crashes

William,

I took that sucker home with me over the President's day weekend and looked at the web page in the VB-8012.  It shows firmware revision 1.0.0f7.

Bill

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 16
(3,453 Views)

Joe,

The firmware for my VB-8012 is Version 1.0.0f7.  I don't know how to update the firmware without connecting directly to the internet.

I can't put the VB app on a PC connected to the internet unless I get a Certificate of Networthiness from the Army.  I'll start processing the paperwork but it will take months, probably.

Bill

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 16
(3,451 Views)

Hi Bill,

The firmware for my VB-8012 is Version 1.0.0f7.  I don't know how to update the firmware without connecting directly to the internet.

I can't put the VB app on a PC connected to the internet unless I get a Certificate of Networthiness from the Army.  I'll start processing the paperwork but it will take months, probably.

Thanks. I know what is causing the crash, and, for any other readers, the fastest fix is updating the firmware though the Windows app. I will also patch the iOS app and re-release it to the iTunes App Store. With Apple in the middle, it will probably take two to three weeks all said and done.

Since your environment is network restricted however, I can work with you to update the firmware without exposing your VirtualBench to the unfettered Internet. Would you please send me a direct message with your email address, and I can provide one-on-one help?

Joe Friedchicken
NI Configuration Based Software
Get with your fellow OS users
[ Linux ] [ macOS ]
Principal Software Engineer :: Configuration Based Software
Senior Software Engineer :: Multifunction Instruments Applications Group (until May 2018)
Software Engineer :: Measurements RLP Group (until Mar 2014)
Applications Engineer :: High Speed Product Group (until Sep 2008)
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 16
(3,445 Views)

Joe,

My direct e-mail address is  william.a.ahroon.civ@mail.mil

I've got the VirtualBench software aaplication on an off-net PC but I don't see a control to update the VB-8012 firmware.

Bill

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 16
(3,430 Views)

Thanks, I've sent you an email.

Joe Friedchicken
[ Linux ] [ macOS ]
Senior Software Engineer :: Multifunction Instruments Applications Group (until May 2018)
Message 15 of 16
(3,424 Views)

USAARL wrote:

My iPad VirtualBench app crashes after connecting to the VB-8012 hardware.

1) VB-8012 never attached to a Windoz box.

2) iPads tested were Model MD368LL/A (3rd generation iPad, Wi-Fi and AT&T, 64 GB) and MH312LL/A (most recent generation iPad Air 2, Wi-Fi and AT&T, 128 GB) each running IOS 8.1.3 (12B466).

3) Both iPad Wi-Fi can join the VB-8012 (hardware) network.

4) Running the iPad VirtualBench app...

a) I am able to select the correct (wireless) device (VB8012-serialnumber)

b) VirtualBench app responds that it is connected to the wireless device

c) iPad VirtualBench app crashes

5) Demo mode works fine.

Any questions, comments, suggestions, or the like?

This has been fixed in VirtualBench 1.2 for iOS ( https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/virtualbench/id896797834 ).

The 1.0 and 1.1 versions of the iOS app could not connect to a VirtualBench device with firmware version 1.0.0 because that firmware did not have the FFT math operation.

Joe Friedchicken
[ Linux ] [ macOS ]
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 16
(3,033 Views)