VirtualBench

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the sampling rate of DMM in virtual Bench if I connect to it LabView?

I would like to get an continous electrical resistance measurement  so I connected my virtual bench to the labview.Hovever, it takes one sample per second. How an I increase this ? As far as I know , data logging stops at every 100ms for DMM in Virtual Bench  so I should get a data at every 200ms.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,879 Views)

Initiating an acquisition on the VirtualBench DMM is software-timed, but the acquisition itself is hardware-timed.  Therefore, there is some maximum rate at which you can sample, but there isn't a way to guarantee a specific rate.  There are also a few tips for acquiring faster with the DMM:

• Use USB (instead of Wireless or Ethernet)
  • Make sure you configure the instrument outside of your loop
  • Don't use Auto Ranging
    • Especially when you have a floating signal, Auto Ranging can take a while to decide it is not reading something meaningful.  If you do have a pretty stable signal, Auto Ranging should acquire just as fast as specifying a range.

With this VI (which looks kind of ugly because of my timing), I am able to get ~4.8 Samples/sec on the VirtualBench DMM.  With auto-ranging it was the same, but like I said you should be careful with that.

dmm_res.png

------
Zach Hindes
NI R&D
Message 2 of 6
(4,868 Views)

Thank you very much for your reply. May I kindly ask you to send it to my e mail address as block diagrams?

ozguratalay@seas.harvard.edu

cheers

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,858 Views)

NI provides several downloadable examples. Here is the one for the DMM: http://www.ni.com/example/52069/en/

Joe Friedchicken
NI Configuration Based Software
Get with your fellow OS users
[ Linux ] [ macOS ]
Principal Software Engineer :: Configuration Based Software
Senior Software Engineer :: Multifunction Instruments Applications Group (until May 2018)
Software Engineer :: Measurements RLP Group (until Mar 2014)
Applications Engineer :: High Speed Product Group (until Sep 2008)
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,851 Views)

Hi there 

Thank you very much for your reply, I have one more question ,what did you write in iteration blog?

cheers

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,836 Views)

ku22 wrote:

I have one more question ,what did you write in iteration blog?

I'm confused by your question. What are you referring to when you say "iteration blog"?

Joe Friedchicken
NI Configuration Based Software
Get with your fellow OS users
[ Linux ] [ macOS ]
Principal Software Engineer :: Configuration Based Software
Senior Software Engineer :: Multifunction Instruments Applications Group (until May 2018)
Software Engineer :: Measurements RLP Group (until Mar 2014)
Applications Engineer :: High Speed Product Group (until Sep 2008)
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,824 Views)